Thursday, February 23, 2012

Letter to a friend

I wrote this letter to a dear friend of mine and wanted to share it with you. I've heard before that when you feel the fullness of God's love you can not help but share it with others. I've prayed "God break my heart for what breaks yours" Tonight both of these happened. My heart broke for those living outside of Him, God knows I wouldn't survive. I'm so blessed to have been born to my parents, and grown up at my church, surrounded by all the wonderful people I have around me. This letter was my expression of the pain I feel for those who have not opened their eyes/hearts to the gift God has offered them.

"How does one explain color to a man who's been blind since birth? I long for you to understand why it is I have so much passion about my faith. But I don't know how to explain something that is such an intimate part of me. As one of my closest friends, you know my struggles, my mistakes. You know me. Does the transparency draw you in or turn you away? I get so nervous that being open about my faults will turn you away from this completeness that I want so badly for you to have. Never before have I wanted you to understand this, as much as I do at this moment. You know as well as anyone, and better than most, that I still have doubts. You know I still get lonely, sad and dejected at times. But in those moments, God shows up. Everytime. I get to feeling like no one cares and He puts someone in my life to remind me that He still cares. And I can't count the number of times that's been you. I am so blessed to have you in my life. You have been the best friend I could possibly ask for. And knowing how well you have loved me, I want more than anything for you to feel the peace that God has given me. The joy even when life sucks. And knowing that when I can go on no longer, He will be there to pick up right where I left off. And even as I sit here in tears thinking about how you have to deal with life on your own, I have every confidence in my Jesus who loves you even more than I do.  And as hard as it is to let you go, I know that He will take even better care of you than I ever could. I want you to have a confidant when you can't tell anyone else, to feel the warmth of being loved even when you're alone, be able to laugh at nothing and everything even when your world is falling apart. I want you to feel this love that is so great and undeserved that you can't help but smile. This grace so sweet and all-encompassing that you feel you're drowning in it. I want you to have it all. I want you to know that God is on your side even when the world seems to be against you. I pray constantly that you will finally see this Truth i've come to know and love. I've never felt this strongly about anything. He loves you so much and I can not wait for the day when you open your arms and accept what is offered to you.
Always in my heart,
Megan"

No comments: