Friday, March 23, 2012

Too Short

Some of you may know I was in a car accident recently (not to worry, no one was hurt) but i'm not writing this for your sympathy. I'm writing out of this place to inspire you. If there's one thing that my accident brought to my attention it is the fragility of life. It's like the angels in heaven are walking around caring glass vases, if they drop the life is lost, like the vase. I think my angel tripped. Caught me just in time. I don't think that's actually what happens...that'd all seem rather pointless. However you get what i mean about the fragility. Life is fragile. It can be lost at any moment. You never know when you or someone you love will be taken, so why hold back? Why keep the truth inside? We so easily retreat to this place of security where we pull our armor around us and only let in the people we trust the very most. I have always been terrified that the people i love will exit my life before I get to tell them how much I love them, and my goal is always to be honest even when it's scary. I don't always succeed because, let's be honest, sometimes it's just easier to hold it in. But the goal remains. If I respect someone, I tell them. If i'm grateful for someone's hand in my life, i send them a text or write a letter. Life is too short to hold back. So use what you've been given to help those around you, because you never know how it will affect them or how long you have left with them. If you died tomorrow, what would you regret not saying? What love would you wish you had shared? What relationship would you wish you'd repaired? Don't blow this off. Really think about it. And then go DO IT! Life is fragile. Life is short. Don't hold it in. Let go of the fear of rejection, and open yourself up to the love that comes from loving others well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan you said it well. You have learned at your young age what it takes most of us a lifetime to get. Thanks for the insight. You need to write books!!!
Love you tons and tons!!!!!!
Leslie