Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sooo Good!

Hey guys, this is the guitar i'm gonna get! I'm in love with it! lol.

I've been somewhat confused lately. I want to do what God wants me to do, but i'm so worried that i just think i'm doing what he wants me to and in actuality i'm doing the complete opposite. And i REALLY want to be a musician when i grow up...i'd love to hear ppl call me "Singer/songwriter Megan Stevens" but that's not why. I just love music! i feel like God has given me natural talents at singing, guitar, and writing songs. But what if i really am being called towards somehing else and i just don't want to hear it. I'd love my songs to help people... and be something they can relate to and use to help get through issues that i have gone through. My songs ARE from real emotions and real situations i've gone through...if i looked back on them in a few years it'd be like a map of my life of what i've gone through and had to deal with. But i want to help lead people to Christ, i love helping my friends through issues and honestly i have a lot of friends who come to me with there problems i think that i might prefer to be like worship leader of a youth group or a single church or community that way i could bond with the people there and still be there for people to lean on and come to for advice. One of the verses i've found really helpful for myself and friends i've given it out to is John 16:33b "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart for I have overcome the world." It's comforting for me to know that we are all going to have issues and go through hard times but we don't have to worry about that because out father has already conquered the world and will carry us through our hard times another verse that has really helped me lately is Hebrews 13:5 "Because God has said, 'Never will i leave you; Never will i forsake you.'" Soo comforting to know that we're never alone. If every one of our friends and family turned against us, he would still be here holding us close and telling us that everything would be alright. How amazing to be the recipient of that love...THAT is a great feeling. Praise God!

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

Two things I love about what I have seen of your music so far.
1) Raw emotion and reality
2) points towards Christ

You are awesome!